The Hyde Foundation is looking for a
Clerk to the Board of Trustees
Hours per month
14 (worked flexibly)
Rate of pay
£3786.60/yr paid quarterly (or monthly by negotiation)
Home based with occasional travel, including quarterly meetings (once these become possible again)
About The Hyde Foundation
The Hyde Foundation offers financial support for education and the arts to local residents. Its trustees are the Rectors and Churchwardens of St. John the Baptist, High Barnet and St. Mary the Virgin, Monken Hadley and lay representatives from these parishes. Its income derives mostly from rent received on a building in Church Passage, Chipping Barnet.
The main duties of the Clerk include
- Assisting the chair of trustees in managing the governance of the Charity including organising the AGM.
- Preparing the agenda for each quarterly meeting, recording minutes accurately and concisely, and monitoring follow-up on recorded action points.
- Acting as book-keeper for the trustees including disbursement of grants, recording rent payment, paying bills, preparing the annual accounts.
- Deal appropriately with any correspondence for the Chair and Trustees.
- Distribute Trustee board papers as required to trustees, usually in electronic form.
- Organise meetings and book rooms etc. as required.
- Maintain the Registers of Interests of Trustees of the Hyde Foundation and other relevant registers as required.
For a full role description and person specification, email Bob Burstow at email@example.com. The Trust intends to fill the role as soon as practicable.